If you are a patient of Orthodontics do not forget:
- Perform a deep Professional Cleaning (Prophylaxis) every 3 months.
Avoid the consumption of hard foods, chewing gum, biting directly with the teeth, as it can cause the detachment of a bracket, delaying the time of your treatment.
The smile you want to have depends on the assistance to your controls.
- What are the brackets for? It is the fundamental equipment to preserve your orthodontic treatment, the use of them depends on your teeth not returning to the original position and the bite is discouraged. Initially you should use them day and night and then only at night according to the instructions of your specialist
- How long does an orthodontics take? This will depend on the amount of movements that must be done in your mouth, it can vary from 18 to 24 months or more depending on each particular case.
If you are a patient of Rehabilitation do not forget:
- To facilitate the hygiene of your rehabilitation, use dental floss (Ask your dentist for its use).
- It is important that you attend your controls, since the duration of your treatment depends on it.Ask your dentist how you can clean your removable prosthesis. (Not all are made of the same material).
- What kind of treatment exists to replace one or more teeth? It depends on the number of teeth and their position. You can make fixed, removable prostheses (remove and put), or implants. The last one (implant) consists of placing a screw in the place occupied by the root of the tooth and then make a crown on it.
- How long is the average duration of a rehabilitation treatment completed? The duration depends on factors such as the biting of the patient, oral cleaning care, assistance to their controls. However, the average time is:Fixed prosthesis (crowns): 5 years.
Removable Prosthesis: 3 years
Implants (screw): All life, depending on the care!
Crowns on implants: 5 years
If you are patient with dental implant:
See the following video for recommendations for the maintenance of your dental implants: